Thursday, March 18, 2010

Things about Me Thursday | Kansas City Photographer

I hope everyone's having a great week so far.  I'm jealous of everyone on spring break right now.  Happy almost Friday!

1. I love spring, it's my favorite time of year...everything is so green and pretty.  This year with the long winter, I'm extra ready for it!


2. Things I think are cute: babies and toddlers, furry baby animals, old married couples holding hands, baby accessories - hats, bows, socks...etc.


3. I'm super excited about upcoming products!  Here are a few...Album and Accordion books to show off to friends and family, and Float and Gallery Wraps for a creative look for your house or office!






4. I changed majors several times in college.  I started at Ottawa University and went into Human Services.  I really wanted to work with dolphins and autistic children through Dolphin Human Therapy.  I'd researched it in high school and wanted to go to FL after I received my degree at OU.  But, I ended up giving up that idea and changed to Elementary Ed.  I love working with kids, but after a year, I knew I needed something else.  So, I started looking at other majors and schools.  I finally decided to head to Pittsburg State for commercial graphics.  I had fun and enjoyed my classes and teachers.  I sometimes wonder where I'd be if I went with the dolphin thing or the teaching, but I'm happy where I'm at and who I've become!

5. I love March Madness!  I don't follow any teams much during the season, but love watching the games in the NCAA!  I always fill out a bracket at work and love the thrill of checking it after each game to see how I stand! And, yes, I have KU to win it all this year...we'll see what happens.

6. I love photography and hope to do it one day as a full time job, but I hate the money part of it!  I hate asking for it and charging people.  But, I know it's a must if I want to be able to have a full time business.  My friend Claire posted this video.  I think it sends an important message about photography businesses and other small businesses in a humorous way. Photography is not just about the actual session.  There's a lot of behind the scene expenses which includes the time to edit each photo, classes, sample products, taxes, equipment, etc.  I think people forget everything that goes into a business.  Click here for the video.

2 comments:

Lynsey said...

Dolphins?! Really? I can't believe I didn't know that about you! You have such an incredible demeanor that I bet the kids and dolphins would have really taken to you. Maybe a future hobby......

Shauna Renee said...

I really thought I would do that when I was in high-school. I researched it and everything! I even contacted a couple places in Key Largo that have the programs! Funny how things change.